Accelerate your Career and Get Certified
Tuesday, December 14th, 2021
Welcome to your Power BI DA-100 Free Practice Exam
This practice DA-100 practice exam covers the same topics and uses the same question format as the official DA-100 exam. The only difference is that this exam does not include case study questions.
The DA-100 exam will be replaced by the PL-300 exam in March 2022. The PL-300 should be very similar to the DA-100. See the announcement here.
Exam duration is 180 Minutes. The exam DA-100 format includes multiple choice and multi-response questions. The exam has 50 questions. You should not use any outside resources while taking the practice exam.
8. You have imported data from a CSV file. During the transformation process, you discover that some columns need to fixed:
What commands would you use to fix all of the errors above?
9. You have received data from MS SQL Server. During the cleaning process, you realize that many columns have some portion of the data consists of empty values. How will identify which percentage of empty values exist in each column?
Now you need to calculate whether a number in the source is above a certain threshold so that you can mark it as Pass or Fail. For example, any number above 75 is pass, rest are fail as in the formula shown below:
= if [Source] >= 75 then "Pass" else "Fail"
Now you get this image as result:
Which option(s) will you select in the Query Editor to accomplish the above task?
11. You have created the table visual and added a country column from a table and a measure which calculates the total sales of each country for the 3 months (January 2022 – March 2022). How will you calculate sales 3 months prior from the total sales of the first measure that is October 2021 - December 2021, supposing March 2022 is the Max Date?
16. You are building a report for a media company which runs ads in different cities. You are asked to make a report where the users can view the data based only on their locations. For example, a user from New York can only see data of New York but not Los Angeles. There are over 1000 users and there are hierarchies (managers, developers etc.) among users, so you have to figure out a way to automate this. How will you set this up?
17. A media company has asked you to build an analytics dashboard, called “Ad_Impressions”, which shows the number of clicks an ad gets per user. Q&A is enabled for the dashboard. When users try to get a count of impressions, you get expected results. But when they try to get a count of clicks, the query fails. You want to ensure that both queries will return the same results, since ad impressions and clicks mean the same thing. Which action will you perform?
18. Suppose you work for a media agency and have a Power BI model which contains the following tables:
Customer (Cust_ID, Cust_Name, Address, Date_Added); Date (Date, Month, Day, Year)
There is a relationship between Customer and Date table using the columns Date_Added and Date respectively. You need to create an annual customer acquisition growth percentage. This is calculated by counting the number of customers acquired in the current year over total customers. Which DAX expression will you use making sure that the current year is always choosen dynamically?
19. A media agency asks you to create a Power BI report. You need to create a calculated table to return the 50 highest spending customers. How will you complete the DAX expression below?
Top 50 Customers = ______________ (50, ______________ (Transaction, Transaction[Customer_ID], “Spending”, SUM(Transaction[Sale])), [Sales], ______________)
20. You have created a report which has a large data model and is quite slow. You would like to identify and correct poorly performing measures and visuals. Which of these options are correct if performance is to be improved?
23. A car company has asked you to come up with a Power BI report. Part of the requirement is to show data in a visual called Bullet Chart. See the image below.
You realize that a suitable one is not present in the Power BI’s visualizations list. How will you accomplish this task?
24. A survey was taken regarding the weight and height comparison of a sample population. You are tasked to make a scatter plot (shown below) and figure out a way to show outliers, circled in red, so that they are clearly visible to the users.
How will you accomplish this task?
25. You use Power BI in a factory environment and want to keep check on the temperature of the machines. You want to be notified whenever the temperature goes above or below a given threshold. What can you do to accomplish this?
26. You have built a report for a large retail company and are now receiving messages from end users who are asking questions about the data and asking if you can build visuals for their needs. You do not have time to make a new visual every time a user asks a question and since there are so many requests, you are getting overwhelmed. What can you do so that the users can get ad hoc answers to their queries?
27. You are working for an analytics company and are building a report that will be shared with the entire organization. They have provided you with some design guidelines for customizing the reports. You are given instructions on which color to use for the organization and a set of icons. How can you meet this goal using the least amount of effort and time?
28. You have created a Power BI report with two visuals (Bar Chart, Pie Chart) along with a slicer on the same page. Whenever you change the value in the slicer, both the visuals change as a result. You want only the bar chart to change when changing slicer values and not the pie chart. How will you make it possible?
29. You have a line chart containing sales on the y-axis and month names on the x-axis, as shown in the image below.
As you can see the months in the x-axis are not sorted properly. Looking at the table schema below, which column will you choose to sort the month names by?
30. You are building a report that contains many different pages. The slicers used on all the pages are the same and use the same fields. You receive feedback from the users that when they select slicers in one page, the selection is not reflected on all the other pages. You need to provide a solution so that when one value is selected, the filter is applied on all the pages. How will you solve this problem?
32. A multi-national company has asked you to create a table showing revenue per region and its percentage, as shown below.
The color of the ‘% revenue region’ will be based on the revenue column. How will you achieve this?
Which DAX formula would you use to accomplish this?
36. You have a column chart showing the price of items in a store. The managers have asked you to mark average on the chart like below.
43. You are an administrator of a workspace where your organization’s Power BI reports are published. The reports contain highly-sensitive data. You hire an outsider to build some more reports but you want them to use the existing data models. What would be the best solution for this scenario?
44. You are working on a report that has a very large dataset (greater than 100 gigabytes) and needs to be updated frequently but not all data has to be refreshed every time. The management has asked you to make sure that you refresh at least 1 year of previous sales data every day. How will you accomplish this?
45. You work for a company as a Power BI administrator and have created reports which have met the organization’s quality standards and they want to highlight content in the report that they consider as valuable. What should you do to make it possible?
49. You are working for a financial firm and they have asked you to create a report on the assets they manage for a large portfolio of clientele. They want this information to remain confidential and private from anyone outside the organization even among their clientele. Which of these sensitivity options can you apply in order to make this happen?
Time is Up!
Test is great
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *